Currently a bit swamped with work. And yet, so many things happened in my life in the last few days that I couldn't help myself from sharing them. So, here they are, in bulleted form.
- The very first time I had ever held a DSLR in my hand was about 5 years ago. In college. And needless to say, I didn't take long to get blown away by it.
I am not too great a photographer. As a matter of fact, I don't understand shit about apertures, ISOs or even focal lengths. Sure, I had studies some of those terms in my Optics class. And that's the only reference I have. I guess the only advantage I got is a sense of angles and lighting. But that was enough to make me feel extremely inadequate off the regular point and shoots you get in the market.
I won't lie. The recent spate of almost all my friends buying one DSLR or the other also heightened the thirst. With every cam I held in my hands, the urge of possessing one kept getting stronger. Thankfully, I had managed to stash out a bit of cash that helped me acquire this amazing baby, the D5100! Do watch out a lot of clicks from my end!
P.S. - this doesn't put a stop to grainy shots from my Blackberry since that trusted 5MP cam is great for taking instant shots. Anytime. Anywhere.
- A common friend of Sakshi and I (technically, Sakshi's colleague) recently eloped with his 6 month old girlfriend, and we both single handedly got them married in a temple. What a day it was. For more details, I am sure Sakshi will be more than happy to oblige. Until then, here are two clicks from my D5100 I had taken at the wedding.
- With just a day's planning, Raj and I have decided to go on a short trip to Assam. We have already booked the flight tickets to and from Guwahati. As for the 4 days that we plan to stay in Assam, our plans are gonna be fultoo impromptu :) And yes, loads of photos shall be snapped!
- For the first time ever, my employment got confirmed in an establishment :-P Not that I am too happy. I had always enjoyed the freedom I had gotten by not being a confirmed employee. Till date, my maximum term of employment has been 10 months. It's already over 9 months, here in HT. I am guessing I am gonna fulfill a year for sure, this time!
- All of my ex-girlfriends have gotten married by now. The last one is gonna tie the knot this November. After that, I think my time's finally gonna be here :)